Module 5: OER at Texas State: University Libraries
Your team: expanded!
The University Libraries bring a number of key players into your OER Team:
The purpose of the Liaison Program is to generate dialogue between the library and academic departments in order to enhance the library's understanding of user needs and to promote the library's services and resources. More specifically, in terms of OER:
- Your Subject Librarian can help you find subject-specific sources to search for OER for your class
- They can be partners in your grant applications - subject librarians' time committed to the item above
Stephanie Towery can help you with any of your copyright questions. She is available to do workshops or presentations for your department or office to address any specific copyright questions.
- Need help determining if your resources are OER?
- Have an image or chart and need to find out if it can be used in the OER you're developing?
- Would you like departmental workshops or training on topics of copyright, licensing, or OER?
University Libraries' Digital and Web Services team supports the research and academic needs of Texas State faculty in a number of ways. We maintain an online research ecosystem that enables faculty to openly share and access research and data. We also assist with digitizing and online publishing of research materials and collections.
Digital Services can assist with the digitizing of resources for you to use in your courses and OER
The Digital Collections Repository centralizes, preserves, and makes accessible the knowledge generated by the university community, which includes faculty publications, journals, academic posters, presentations and conference proceedings, theses & dissertations, plus archival materials from The Wittliff Collections, the University Archives, and other materials unique to Texas State University. It is a professionally maintained digital repository to showcase, increase visibility, and provide access to the university’s intellectual and creative scholarly output.
The Digital Collections Repository can serve as a place for you to archive, preserve, and make your OER accessible to your students.