Financial Literacy Workshops
Goal: To increase students student success by implementing strategies to build students' financial understanding so that they can make smart decisions about their money.
Lamar State College Port Arthur seek to empower our diverse communities for financial success through strategies: (1) Classroom presentations focused on budgeting and credit; (2) Financial Empowerment Workshops that involves community volunteers from local financial institutions that has offered workshops throughout the academic year on topic to include: credit management, pre-employment retirement planning, and budgeting.
Goal: To establish an effective on-ramp to college for Hispanic and low-income students by aligning instructional pathways with high school endorsements.
1. Students will meet with Success Coaches, who will help students recognize and achieve their educational goals. They help students examine school programs, recognize their academic strengths, and assist in implementing strategies to enhance student retention.
2. Students will increase retention, success, and recognizing their career goals by taking career assessments.
DELIVERY FORMAT: The program has a hybrid format.
APPROXIMATE PARTICIPANTS SERVED IN 2021-22: 50;1500
HOW TO ENROLL: All stakeholders have access to this program. As such, there is no enrollment process
EVALUATION STATUS: No data related to outcomes have been collected from this program
DEPARTMENT(S) OVERSEEING PROGRAM: Trenida Lewis, Title V Pathway to Excellence Department, Lamar State College Port Arthur
CONTACT FOR MORE INFO: Trenida Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 409-984-6235
- Student Success
- Material Type:
- Student Success: Parent/guardian-facing
- Student Success: Student-facing
- Lamar State College-Port Arthur
- Date Added: