Advancing your Project

by Joanna Schimizzi 1 year, 10 months ago

During today's session, you received feedback and collaboration to help you keep advancing your project. Take a moment and make a commitment of 3 things that you are going to do to support your project. Set your intentions by being very specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound (SMART!).

(Example: I am going to find 3 new openly licensed images that represent diverse linguistic cultures and share them with my team by Friday July 8th.)

Jude Okpala 1 year, 10 months ago

I will develop five learning outcomes for the first module/chapter in the textbook and the sources for the readings in the chapter by the beginning of next week.

Angela M. Goins, DSW, LMSW 1 year, 10 months ago

1. For this week (June 25-July 1, 2022), I will work with my partner/librarian Steve Bonario at UHD to identify free images to use as graphics for the case study featured in my OER course. Mr. Bonario will also create a banner that has the course name and my name as the creator of the course to introduce the content presented.  (will be completed by July 1, 2022)

2. I will post module objectives in my OER project so viewers will see what learning objectives are attached to Module 4 which is the area of the course featured in this OER project (will be completed by July 1, 2022)

3.  I will meet with my UHD partner/Steve Bonario to review all these additions and revisions by July 5, 2022. If all is in order, we will submit and publish our final project to the OER respository.

Dorrie Scott 1 year, 10 months ago

By fall semester:

1. Complete the Texas Learn OER course.
  2. Finalize OER Academy project presentation for dissemination.
  3. Update OER LibGuide
David Han 1 year, 10 months ago

I am planning to start writing the first two chapters of the textbook in LaTeX and embed them to the Pressbook environment to see if all the functionality is stable.

Gwen Whitehead 1 year, 10 months ago

By the end of July, I will do the following:

1.  Link student learning outcomes to the larger course outcomes

2.  Finish instructor instructions on the lesson plan module

3.  Work with the library and instructional design departments to identify the means by which to aid students in developing their projects and to help students work on inclusive design.

Tamar Bell 1 year, 9 months ago

The feedback session was so helpful! Based on feedback received for our OER project development, I will do the following three things: 

1. Import the current OER into Adobe Acrobat Reader by today, July 7. 

2. Email the Authors directly by July 15, requesting a copy of the original OER in a doc or other easy reader process. 

3. I will review and discuss via email with my cohort missing chapter components that needs to be added into the OER, by July 15

Tanya Gonzales 1 year, 9 months ago

1. I will add members to my team, Spanish and Math professors from other institutions, to confirm the readability of the created resources.

2. I have chunked the timeline by topic into manageable tasks.  

Our Timeline: The deadlines are draft on July 28, 2022, to final draft on January 28, 2023.

The deadlines completed are divided by topic
Review 1: July 28, 2022
Quantitative Reasoning: August 28, 2022
Algebraic Reasoning: September 28, 2022
Geometric and Spatial Reasoning: October 28, 2022
Probabilistic and Statistical Reasoning: November 28, 2022
Practice Test: December 28, 2022
Practice Test 2: January 28, 2022

3. This project's subsequent experience is creating a question bank for instructors to use.

Christina Seeger 1 year, 9 months ago

My cohort met our first goal and will be uploading the chapter that went out for peer review yesterday. I will work on getting it into Pressbooks Monday -- classes start August 8th!

2. Work with external group writing the chapter on intersectionalities to ingest into Pressbooks by August 8th

3. Meet with author od Death & Dying chapter August 11 to help wrap that chapter up for September.

Texas A&M Cohort: Christina, Frank & Babette 

Roopa Vinay 1 year, 9 months ago

Our cohort is working on f​​​​inding sources for openly licensed maps to supplement the text. Dr. Peinhardt's students did contribute a few images which we added to the project. We are also scouting for a permanent (and hopefully University-sponsored) platform to host the content.