Research and Creating More Resources

by Arlene Ramirez 2 years, 9 months ago

I recently embarked on a journey to complete a doctoral program in Instructional Systems Design and Technology.  In my mind, OER is a perfect fit in this discipline.  So much can be created with the various technologies and resources available today and already present in so many OER forums.  Recently a cohort member and I are also participating in this academy, (@Waneta Hebert), submitted a proposal for a conference presentation on how to use OER not only in the classroom but for professional development in any industry. We are waiting on confirmation that it has been accepted.  Not only will we try to spread the word about OER but also discuss the licensing aspect which we felt was an important part to encourage more to share their work.

Moving forward in this OER journey I would like to do some research in the area to further promote and help in having more educators and places of education use these resources.  In my classrooms no one pays for a book, all the material is provided through OER sources or material which I have developed through the use of OER and other resources.

I have enjoyed this academy thus far and look forward to using the resources we are creating in the future.

Thank you for the opportunity.

Arlene Ramirez

Update:  Proposal accepted!

Thank you for submitting your proposal, Using Open Educational Resources: The Sharing Economy of Learning, for presentation at the 2021 AECT International Convention, Columbus, OH + Virtual this November. We are pleased to inform you that your proposal has been accepted as a 'Concurrent Presentation' session.

Marilyn Ibey 2 years, 9 months ago

Arlene,

I really agree  with your statements, 'Moving forward in this OER journey I would like to do some research in the area to further promote and help in having more educators and places of education use these resources.  In my classrooms no one pays for a book, all the material is provided through OER sources or material which I have developed through the use of OER and other resources".  I think we need one-to-one guidance beyond the workshop in order to incorporate OER  properly.

Arlene Ramirez 2 years, 9 months ago

Thanks for the feedback!  I agree we need to support each other Marilyn and this has been a great start.  I did the certificate that was presented in class, the Texas Learn OER and that was a good foundation.  I would highly recommend as it gives some great resources.

https://sites.google.com/austincc.edu/texaslearnoer/module-1-introduction-to-this-course