Evaluation Criteria

by Marilyn Ibey 2 years, 9 months ago

My criteria for resources as a science teacher are as follows:

1. It must have an open licence.

2. It must be up to date.

3, It must be a high quality, credible and reputable science source, which can include  science textbooks, science urls, and peer-reviewed journals.

4. It must be accessible to all learners.

The resource I chose Is Science Daily and the article is https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/06/210623091201.htm on COVID Variants.  This source has an open licence, is cutting edge biology research, is considered to be one of the top science sources online. and it is accessible to all learners.

Tina Lancaster 2 years, 9 months ago

Marilyn,

I agree with you! Except for my Project Management materials must conform in some way to the PMI.ORG and the Project Management Body of Knowledge. We are not only using OER, but also a number of free resources from their site and others.

Mahzad Iranpour 2 years, 9 months ago

I totally agree with you. I am looking for resources with high quality especially for the online homework. The open licence is very critical and I find it challenging. 

Mayra Collins 2 years, 9 months ago

As an instructional designer I don't evaluate the content, the instructors we work with are the SMEs and evaluate the content.  However, we do evaluate the content for accessibility and  make recommendations to ensure the content is relevant and up to date as well as promotes an inclusive environment for all learners.