- This OER resource offers an example of one required assignment for the Community Navigation with Older Adults course to help students build skills and knowledge locating resources for older adults in the community. Using a link to the National Council on Aging's web-based benefits locator, this assignment requires students to locate community resources for a sample older adult by the name of Mona. A case study of Mona is provided and students are required to assess her needs in the community, and in her home, and find appropriate resources for her needs with the benfits locator link.This particular assignment is part of a larger module of the Community Navigation with Older Adults course. This module focuses on the importance of community resources to a student engaging in community navigation with an older adult. This assignment requires students to record and respond (using either video or audio) their assessment of Mona's needs and the resources located for those needs in the community using the benefits locator link. Voicethread technology is the tool used in this course for this assignment, but instructors can feel free to create other forms to capture the students' assessment and their subsequent community resources for Mona.
- Social Work
- Academic Lower Division, Academic Upper Division, Graduate/Professional
- Material Type:
- Assessment, Case Study, Homework/Assignment, Interactive, Lesson, Module, Reading, Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Angela M. Goins, DSW, LMSW, Steve Bonario, MILS
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.