College Algebra Blackboard Ultra MyOpenMath Course
College Algebra Blackboard Ultra Course created by Dr. Hanan Amro for South Texas Math Department. It was modified to include additional learning materials funded by THECB OER Development Grant (2021).
Blackboard Ultra MyOpenMath Course
College Algebra Blackboard Ultra course that was created by Dr. Hanan Amro for South Texas College Math Department.
Some important information about the course
- Quality Matters Certified. Click here to get more information on this certification.
- Uses MyOpenMath for homework and assessment delivery. Click here to go to MyOpenMath website.
- Course ID for MyOpenMath: 144222
- South Texas College Department Course
- Course Package attached.
- For instructions on how to upload a course package to Blackboard Ultra, click here to watch video created by Veronical Dominguez
This course was modified to include the following materials that were funded by THECB OER Development and Implementation Grant (2021):
- Workbook pages
- Some additional videos
The course contains 16 modules, which covering the following sections from OpenStax College Algebra:
- 2.4 Complex Numbers
- 2.5 Quadratic Equations
- 2.6 Other Types of Equations
- 2.7 Linear Inequalities and Absolute Value Inequalities
- 2.1 Rectangular Coordinate System
- 11.1 Circles
- 3.1 Functions and Function Notation
- 3.2 Domain and Range
- 3.3 Rates of Change and Behavior of Graphs
- 3.4 Composition of Functions
- 3.5 Transformation of Functions
- 3.6 Absolute Value Functions
- 3.7 Inverse Functions
- 5.1 Quadratic Functions
- 5.2 Power Functions and Polynomial Functions
- 5.3 Graphs of Polynomial Functions
- 5.4 Dividing Polynomials
- 5.5 Zeros of Polynomial Functions
- 5.6 Rational Functions
- 6.1 Exponential Functions
- 6.2 Graphs of Exponential Functions
- 6.3 Logarithmic Functions
- 6.4 Graphs of Lograithmic Functions
- 6.5 Logarithmic Properties
- 6.6 Exponential and Logarithmic Equations
- 6.7 Exponential and Logarithmic Models
- 7.1 Systems of Linear Equations: Two Variables
- 7.2 Systems of Linear Equatiosn: Three Variables
- 7.5 Matrix Arithmetic
- 7.8 Determinants and Cramer's Rule
Assessments and assignments linked to MyOpenMath course:
- Video Assignments for most sections listed above.
- Practice Assignments for each section listed above.
- Quizzes on ACGM MATH 1414 Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of properties of functions, including domain and range, operations, compositions, and inverses.
- Recognize and apply polynomial, rational, radical, exponential and logarithmic functions and solve related equations.
- Apply graphing techniques.
- Evaluate all roots of higher degree polynomial and rational functions.
- Recognize, solve and apply systems of linear equations using matrices.
- Two exams
- Comprehensive Final Exam
- Five discussion questions